You mean they don't take Israeli Shekels?

A quick one I was going to write a couple of days ago but never got around to it...

Crossing the border from Thailand into Cambodia is a hectic affair, with five moto drivers for everyone one passenger who might actually need their services, coupled with some strange currency swaps which inevitably go on. After negotiating a fair of 350 Baht for the trip from the border to Siem Reap in Cambodia, I realised that I didn't actually have 350 Baht. So instead, I paid 200 baht, plus 5 US dollars, which totals about 400 baht. And my change? 5000 Cambodian Rials, which equals about $US1.25. A typical border transaction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for all the fish

Welcome to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Can conspicuous consumption save the news business?